View Single Post
Old 19th February 2019, 13:46   #54833  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohman View Post
Thank you so in simple terms, do I select DCI-P3 or BT2020 in madVR calibration setting for my JVC x9900 projector? thank you

PS: I am using madVR pixel shader option not passthrough.. so I am doing HDR to SDR via pixel shaders
Either DCI-P3 or BT.2020 could work. If you are seeing a significant difference between the two, one or the other may not be working correctly.

There could be a couple of reasons:

- The projector is misinterpreting DCI-P3 or BT.2020. It may not recognize a DCI-P3 source, so it would more likely be DCI-P3. HDR content is supposed to report BT.2020 to the projector because that is dictated by the HDR specification standard. You own an AMD GPU, so you can't check report BT.2020 to the display to make DCI-P3 appear as BT.2020.

- The AMD video driver is causing over or undersaturation with DCI-P3 or BT.2020.

I would test SDR BT.709 content and see if it looks accurate. The colors should look natural without any oversaturation. To test accuracy, also try setting both madVR and the projector to BT.709 and play some SDR BT.709 content.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote