View Single Post
Old 13th November 2005, 03:50   #55  |  Link
Didée

Ah, I tend to forget that pel=1 does exist Tests were with pel=2, blksize=16, searchparam=3.

Strangely, decreasing number of compensated frames to -3 ... +3, speed seemed to drop a little more, to about ~90% of MVT 0.9.11 (142 frames/min vs. 160 frames/min). However the script *is* complex, so the exact reasons might be in the darks. But atleast it seems the changes didn't make things faster.

Another thought:
Could sort of mimicking the "inter4v" mode of mpeg-4 codecs make sense? Because, while small blocksizes (8 or even 4) sometimes deal better with moving edges, and mostly better with occlusion areas, the large blocksize 16 seems much more reliable when large, uniform areas are moving. The wish to get the best of them both sometimes is coming up ...
Or is this, in some way, already lying inbetween the new parameters you've added to mvanalyze? I'm not fully clear about these, and it's hard to see & understand what's happening _during_ the process of motion search, when you're looking "from outside" and only see the end result.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote