View Single Post
Old 21st June 2014, 11:59   #72  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

First of all sorry my delayed reply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by huokok View Post
Hi, gp2
After a mkv file loaded, I got those two warnings in log. What is the meaning? (I'm not a technical people at all)
These messages are the result of explicitly setting the output charset to utf-8 while executing mkvinfo and mkvmerge.
It shouldn't matter to anyone, but I use them because of some localization problems the first versions had. Better safe than sorry, right?

Quote:
After extraction, I found the video extension is .avc instead of .h264, which is different from GUI2. Apparently, mp4box doesn't like this, by their standard
I tried to follow the standards for output file extensions as defined here (http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/doc/mkvextract.html) and here (http://matroska.org/technical/specs/codecid/index.html).
In my tests .avc behaved better than .h264, but I guess each tool has its own preferences.

Quote:

Why there are empty square brackets? And is there any difference in 2 delay brackets?
For the duration, it shows the same as in mkvinfo. What concerns me is that duration is the audio duration, which is slightly longer than video track, so I'm assuming the duration is the longest track? Well, it seems to be the issue of mkvinfo.
The brackets for mkv tracks show the following information:
  1. TrackID
  2. TrackType
  3. CodecID
  4. TrackName
  5. Language
  6. ExtraInfo (resolution for video tracks, sample rate and channels for audio tracks)
  7. Delay
  8. EffectiveDelay
If any of these properties is not defined in the mkv file, then it will be empty.
The "Delay" field is the actual track delay as defined in the mkv header.
The "EffectiveDelay" is the actual delay that players use while playing the file. It is actually different only for the audio tracks, in cases that there is a delay defined for the video track. This is the value that is used for generating the output file name when extracting the track.

Quote:
Thank you, I like the interface of this GUI.
Thanks for your support!
gpower2 is offline   Reply With Quote