View Single Post
Old 19th May 2010, 09:04   #10003  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abradoks View Post
Eac3to has too many unresolved issues to use it as decoder:
- DTS-HD 7.1 bug
This is a bug in the ArcSoft DTS decoder and it only affects a handful of 7.1 tracks. Most DTS-HD 7.1 tracks decode just fine. Furthermore eac3to warns about the problem, when it occurs. There's nothing more I can do about it. Can you point me to a different decoder which doesn't have this problem? I'm not aware of any. So if you say eac3to can't be used as a decoder, then which DTS-HD decoder are you using instead?

Quote:
Hmmmm... Are you really sure about that? Do you still have files with which I can reproduce that? The files in your original post are no longer available for download.

Quote:
- bug, when output is different for *.wav and *.wavs (at least with libav and ac3/dts)
That's the first time I hear about that. Can I have some more details?

Edit: Maybe you're confused by dithering? eac3to lets libav decode to floating point. For WAV/WAVs output eac3to dithers the floating decoding data down to integer. Dithering means adding random noise to the data. So it's clear that if you decode the same AC3/DTS track twice with eac3to/libav, the results will be different each time. If you want floating point WAV/WAVs files instead, use the eac3to "-full" switch. Then the files should be identical every time.

Quote:
Yes? Go on, please!

Last edited by madshi; 19th May 2010 at 09:16.