Old 15th August 2010, 11:12   #10424  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvjunky View Post
Maybe this is a bug in eac3to:

I always rip my BRs directly with eac3to like this:
eac3to d: 1) -demux

This was functioning for 100% of my BRs the last years. With the new version 3.22 i get the following error on ~50% of my discs
That's weird. I have a hard time believing that the new eac3to is responsible for the problems. Maybe something else changed on your PC? It seems nobody else has this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lintran View Post
I just tried extract DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 to wav(input.dts output.wavs) with Arcsoft Decoder (version 3.0.160) and it produced 7 individual WAV files, but there was something wrong with them. Too much high-frequency and noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Arcsoft decoder cannot properly decode 6.1 dts. I had the same problem.
Newer versions (e.g. 1.1.0.7) of the dtsdecoder.dll seem to have this problem. Older versions (e.g. 1.1.0.0) work just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathlord View Post
Could you allow for longer -edits, in particular silence? At the moment the maximum possible (positive) edit seems to be 4999ms.
Yes, will change that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
WARNING:
- When the language field of a track (in mkv) is empty this mean the language is the default: eng (from MkvMerge v4.0.0)
- eac3to don't manage audio tracks (MP2/MP3/DTS/AC3?) from mkv's generated with MkvMerge v4.1.0 defaults (header compression).
- eac3to crash (without messages) with video track H264 from mkv's generated with MkvMerge v4.2.0 defaults (header compression).

@madshi

Do you have any plan to support these new defaults?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastrandrea View Post
Hi, is there a way to stretching an audio file to a given time?
In my case I would like to stretch a track by adding 400ms to it, is it possible with eac3to?
It is not possible with eac3to because the resampling library is limited to specific stretching factors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
An audio file (dts, ac3, ...) don't have tags about the video fps, only have a duration. And aply a -24.000 -changeTo23.974 means only modify the duration with a coefficient of 1.001

With audio files -slowdown means modify the duration with a coefficient of (1001/960) always.
FWIW, "-slowdown" always defines a target FPS value of 23.976. You can do "-24.000 -slowdown" and it will do a 24.000 -> 23.976 slowdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
I have a Blu Ray disc of a tv show (Supernatural Season 1, Disc 1). The disc has the first 6 episodes of the tv show. When I run the disc through eac3to (using Clown_BD and/or Ripbot) eac3to only picks up 3 playlists (the 1st playlist is of all episodes, the 2nd playlist is of episode 1, and the 3rd playlist is of episode 2). Episode 3-6 don't show anywhere. If I use MakeMKV I can see all episodes listed out individually to select. Is there anything you can think of that would be causing this issue?
I've seen this before and just thought that there were not any playlists for the other episodes. But maybe there are and there's a bug in eac3to. Can you please zip up the playlist and clipinf folders for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnryV View Post
The decoding by libav under XP failed too.

What this can be?
Broken TrueHD track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.duck View Post
eac3to cannot fully demux my TS files (from DVB-T, UK).

Unlike other programs like tsMuxeR, eac3to at least recognizes that there are subtitles there. But -demux only extracts the video and audio.
I don't know how to demux DVB subtitles in any format that can be used by other applications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.duck View Post
Also when I -demux some <path>\video.ts, it extracts the audio and video to the same folder as eac3to.exe, not the video file folder and no other way of setting the output to another folder. Pretty annoying.
Just use "eac3to source c:\whatever\movie.*" that will demux all tracks to any desired target path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathlord View Post
How do I see which episode is which?
Often there's a "play all" playlist. It usually lists the episodes in the right order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crl2007 View Post
Sometimes, when I join multiple m2ts files and demux the streams, the end result shows 13 hours as duration.
Simply joining multiple m2ts files makes problems because after joining it is not possible for eac3to (or any other program) to quickly see that the file was joined from multiple smaller files and that the timestamps do not match and where each smaller file starts and ends in the joined file. This is the way it is. If you manually join m2ts files, you'll have to live with this effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibus View Post
Can eac3to demux DTS Express audio tracks?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
I come back to this problem with more explanations and tests. In fact, the problem is not new, I just verified and I have the same strange behaviour with eac3to v3.21 and eac3to v3.18.

Here is my scenario:
1 - eac3to to demux video in MKV container and convert audio to AC3
2 - TsMuxer to mux audio and video in a M2TS container
3 - playback of the M2TS file with the PS3

Video is H.264. When the file is decoded by the PS3, I have many macroblocks, and the result is the same whatever the version of eac3to (3.18, 3.21 and 3.22).
If at step 1, instead of demuxing video in MKV container, I demux the video in a H.264 file, then the playback with the PS3 is fine without macroblocks.

Note that all these files (M2TS and MKV) are played correctly on the PC.

So the problem is relative to the usage of MKV container, either when produced by eac3to, or when used as input by TsMuxer. And the problem is noticeable only when the final file is played with the PS3.
If you do this:

(1) demux blu-ray directly, by using eac3to
(2) mux video to MKV by using eac3to, then demux again by using eac3to

The demuxed raw h264 video file produced by both methods is identical. So the problem must obviously be caused by tsMuxeR not handling MKV input correctly.