Thread: AutoMKV 0.98.4
View Single Post
Old 11th August 2008, 20:00   #18  |  Link
Taddeusz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth View Post
I've been away for awhile, so I don't know the history of your problem, but I wonder if you're having the same issue I am. I was trying to encode SW Ep I, and I noticed a problem with the subs. At first, I thought they were not visible (and some of them aren't). But then, I realized that some were partially visible, but just barely detectable. I think it has something to do with the fact that on the DVD, the subtitles are designed to fade in and out. The only thing I've tried thus far is to do a batch prep and then edit the .idx DVD color palette to mimic a set of subtitles that is visible. However, this didn't work, so I'm still looking for a fix. Does it sound like we might have a similar problem here?
No, that sounds different. The problem I'm having is that the built-in subtitle ripper doesn't get the times right on some movies. Particularly all the Star Wars movies but there are more. So I used a different program to rip the subs and ensured the correct times are in there.

Then I loaded those subs into AutoMKV, which I know it did, and instructed it to burn the subtitles into the video. Which it did not do. It instead muxed the subs into the mkv as a separate stream but did NOT burn the subtitles as I'd instructed. This worked in the old AutoMKV. I did that at least once.

The AutoMKV beta will burn subtitles when they are part of the original DVD vob but not when they are a separate IDX/SUB files.