View Single Post
Old 18th November 2004, 08:13   #69  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally posted by tritical
One question for anyone still reading... are single framerate methods of handling vfr content worth having? i.e. blend decimation or special field decimation for decimating 30fps progressive or 60i down to 24fps. While mkv's vfr capabilities are a much better alternative imo there are still some occasions where a single framerate or non mkv alternative might be needed.
You know, that would have been exactly the next thing I'd have tackled myself when I had some time for it...

I've found that Decomb's Decimate using mode=2 just drops the first frame of a row of duplicates, whereas dropping the frame with the lowest metric would probably avoid errors in cases where erroneous duplicates were found - after all, if it's all duplicates, you can choose any of those and drop it.

I'd really love to have a Decimation filter that can blend 30FPS or 60FPS material down to 24FPS, as my standalone player can't cope with VFR material. Currently, I'm doing those blend-downs by hand if it's just the opening or ending, but doing it that way for every scene is overkill.
Leak is offline   Reply With Quote