View Single Post
Old 20th January 2017, 08:15   #1  |  Link
hbenthow

Recommended ffdshow installation settings for BD Rebuilder?

I recently bought a new computer, and installed BD Rebuilder on it. I found that the setting "Use DirectShowSource for frame serving" in the setup options was greyed out. From what I've read online, this is apparently because I don't have ffdshow installed.

My questions are as follows:

Firstly, is "Use DirectShowSource for frame serving" the recommended setting?

Secondly, is the reason the box is greyed out indeed because of a lack of ffdshow being present on my computer?

Thirdly, when I began to install ffdshow, I found that there are a large number of options. The "Select Components" options are fairly few (I assume that it should be safe to check all of them), but the options regarding which video and audio codecs to decode with ffdshow are overwhelming, especially in regard to BD Rebuilder (as I assume that the wrong ffdshow settings could cause problems with BD-RB). I am not certain whether to A: just go with the defaults, B: check all of the boxes, or perhaps C: uncheck even some of the defaults. Which options should I check?

PS - I just noticed that the "One Pass (CRF) Encoding" option under "Encoder Settings" is also greyed out. Is this problematic, and is it also due to a lack of ffdshow?

Last edited by hbenthow; 20th January 2017 at 08:17.
hbenthow is offline   Reply With Quote