View Single Post
Old 21st May 2004, 00:48   #438  |  Link
ursamtl

Quote:
Originally posted by Tantulus
Ursamtl:

I have experimented with reverb but my inexperience only produced an echoing sound but no ambience....Someday, I'd like to sneak into Symphony Hall and record an impulse for convolution but I don't have the equipment.

Well hey, go to www.noisevault.com and check out the impulses there that are free to download. Load them into SIR and try it out. I haven't had the chance to play around much with this stuff yet, but the potential is amazing.

Quote:

That said, I'm looking forward to your bidule. Thanks for your contribution.
I haven't had time to put it all together yet. Last night when I sat down and looked at my bidule, I realized it was a messy mass of connections. It sounds good, but it looks like hell! I also realized that, although I did some initial experiments with encoding 5.1 files and burning to CD, most of my time has been spent monitoring the different bidules through a Soundblaster Live using the amazing kx drivers from www.kxproject.dom. I add a kx ASIO out device in plogue (15 channels available!) and then route them to the appropriate speakers using the kx DSP applet, which also has a similar modular connection setup.

Anyway, I'll clean up my bidule, add a 6-chan File Recorder in place of the kx ASIO outs and upload it on the weekend.