View Single Post
Old 26th January 2009, 08:01   #8017  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
hm the way I have it now is that the partition windows is on is the reading partition, but the output is placed on another drive. but still, the reading alone already delays the system quite much.
I thought it might be more effective that way to seperate the reading and writing process to 2 different drives, as its faster to copy stuff from one HD to another than just to different folders on the same drive or also to mux with mkvmerge to another drive than the one you are reading from. so eac3to doesnt behave in the same way?
I don't know, you can test it for yourself. I think performance will be better with eac3to, too, but it might still slow the OS down. Try reading+writing from/to the non-OS harddisk. That might take a longer time, but I think the OS should be more responsive that way.

You can also try the "-lowPriority" switch. That might also help OS responsiveness (on the cost of longer processing time). This switch should especially well on Vista and Windows 7. It should also help on XP and older OSs, but not as much as with Vista.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
Sorry Bit of a quickie question here: do you still need to have nero 7 installed to use this tool to decode DD+ streams to wavs? Thanks.
See first post of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkman View Post
Excuse me if this is already an option and I've somehow missed it, but can you please add an option to disable the second pass upon clipping being detected?

Eac3to already takes long enough to convert audio of decent length without doing two passes, and I don't always care about some minor clipping artefacts.
I'd suggest to use e.g. "-3db" instead. That will lower volume a bit, which usually gets rid of clipping. As a result a 2nd pass will in most cases not be necessary, anymore. So this basically does what you are asking for, and has the additional bonus of getting rid of clipping. Of course it comes at the cost of generally lowered volume, whenever you use this switch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
How will the forced subtitles be shown? I have Apocalypto BD and it's doesn't show any subtitles being forced.
Here are some possible reports posted by eac3to:

Code:
[s07] Counted 23 forced subtitles.
[s08] Counted 167 subtitles.
[s09] Counted 158 normal and 5 forced subtitles.
This information is only posted after full processing has run through! It is not possible for eac3to to report this without reading the complete source files. So don't expect this information in the track listing...

Last edited by madshi; 26th January 2009 at 08:05.