View Single Post
Old 6th February 2008, 20:21   #213  |  Link
Creator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joniii View Post
Roman, tsMuxeR doesn't detect some DTS streams. If you convert TrueHD to DTS with EAC3TO, then try to open it with tsMuxeR, it says cant detect file. Here is a DTS sample (DTS, 5.1 channels, 0:01:07, 24 bits, 1536kbit/s, 48khz), I hope it helps fixing it.

300.dts
Joniii, I had the same problem but I don't think the problem is with tsMuxeR. Try to play your DTS elementary stream in powerDVD. If it does not work correctly, the dts file is not correct. eac3to was able to recognize my "weird" dts file but not powerdvd and it crashed when played back in media player classic (using ffdshow).

Be sure to use the latest version of eac3to and get version 1.0.23 of Surcode DVD DTS (not .21). I am unsure if this helped but I redid the DTS file from the TrueHD track after getting the latest eac3to and 1.0.23 of surcode and the dts file is now correct and recognized by every program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen8 View Post
Guys I must be dreaming!!

I have on my HDD a demux of the Top Gun HD-DVD (which I own but want to sell my xbox HD-DVD drive as I'm broke)

(Video.mpv which is AVC 29.976fps h.264 and audio.ac3 which I made from eac3to from the DD+ file)

are you telling me I can now mux these two files into something which will work on the PS3?
I tried to mux a 29.97 AVC file with a DTS track that I did and the sound was out of sync completely when played back as a BLURAY disc in powerdvd (the structure was generated by tsremux as usual). I think you really need to go to 23.976 to get correct playback with sound, etc. Besides, if you want to be on the safe side, you should go to 23.976 as it is the only way to be blu-ray compliant and so to make your file playable in all blu-ray players.

Last edited by Creator1; 6th February 2008 at 20:52.
Creator1 is offline   Reply With Quote