View Single Post
Old 5th April 2008, 00:48   #219  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathTheSheep View Post
Look at my sources, people--any anime sources, including Gundam Seed--and test yourself. My tests were all very clear, replete with commandlines, the source, tons of screenshots, visual analysis, the sample clips, metrics (especially the one found in the "megathread").
Your tests were completely invalid, and only proved one thing: lower AQ strength was better on certain frames in anime. Because 0.46 had an effectively lower strength, it therefore performed better on those frames. You have never ever posted any comparison clip in which AQ 0.46 offered a "better" distribution of QPs except in that it offered a weaker AQ.

Yet you cannot accept this simple fact, and continue to simply post cherrypicked comparison frames and intentionally misleading comparisons in order to promote an algorithm that does not make sense.

I welcome an attempt to make a better AQ for anime; I have had a number of ideas in mind, in fact, such as intentionally raising QP for flat blocks while putting lambda much lower, to take advantage of the higher deblocking.

I don't welcome an attempt to rip off a broken, bugged version of my own work and, through a careful campaign of misleading comparisons, declare it "better."
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote