View Single Post
Old 27th May 2006, 20:54   #1046  |  Link
Inc
Squeeze it!

I just compiled the actual CVS 0.2.3.2155 and I did recognise a hughe bug in the provided SAR out of the script.

1.) In the Globals which are stored in the Script you did set "DAR" values, as an anamorphic keeping test of mine did result in ...
global MeGUI_darx = 199
global MeGUI_dary = 100

So far in case of DAR that is almost ok. as it was almost my wanted DAR (anyway ITU was not taken into account of my DVD source but thats not the point now)
2.) Now the Problem: These 199:100 have been set as -sar parameter to x264's commandline. So as these 199:100 actually are DAR values and you can assume how stretchy the playback resulted.
3.) In the Preview Window below it says "PAR" but actually calculates to the preview resizing a "DAR" when choosing "Show PAR".

Solution:
Keep in MeGUI internally the calculations "PAR/SAR" based and not DAR based. By this in my case a PAR of i.E. 64/45 (here non ITU) should be inserted in my script which will also be interpretd well by x264.exe.
And finally in the auto-Preview window do calc the image-preview-resize when choosing "Show par" out of a PAR and not a DAR.

I did a test and applied in a script of mine where 720x576 are cropped to 640x400 (trashy original incl. hughe big le+ri borders)
global MeGUI_darx = 64
global MeGUI_dary = 45

.. and everything played back fine.

Last edited by Inc; 27th May 2006 at 21:07.