View Single Post
Old 17th April 2002, 21:59   #1  |  Link
DeXT

MCF-CD maker tool

I've build up this small piece of software... it intends to be a MCF-CD maker (Ingo's version).

It currently takes any file and writes it as M2F2, with an ISO track referencing it. It's like VCD but without the VCD stuff

Of course you can burn a MP4 file, too... the only problem is, you won't be able to read it with any software (yet), since you must parse the RIFF/CDXA stuff..

Since it's based on vcdtools from Rainer Johanni, it currently only creates TOC files (to be burned with cdrdao). And unfortunately seems that cdrdao doesn't works under WinXP/2000 (only Win9x and Linux). But don't worry, I'll add BIN/CUE support later.

Here you have a link with the tool (source included). It's GPL of course.

http://webs.ono.com/de_xt/mcf.html

Remember, for reading it properly you need a DS filter that is able to parse RIFF/CDXA, Ingo is working on that. Currently you can test it with a small tool I've included (dat2file), it can parse the RIFF/CDXA stuff and write the original file again (with some trailing 0's if it wasn't multiple of 2324).

Hope you find it useful. At least it's a start...

DeXT

[Edit]

Oh I forgot, althought the included binaries are compiled for Win32, you should be able to compile it under Linux, too.

Last edited by DeXT; 17th April 2002 at 23:27.
DeXT is offline   Reply With Quote