View Single Post
Old 25th April 2010, 02:25   #1288  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
@qyot27

About the 1st issue, the A2D routine that check if a clip is dvd compliant reads the 'Video'/'Standard' MediaInfo tag. If that tag is PAL or NTSC, then the routine goes ahead to check width, height and fps, otherwise it stops deducing that the clip is not dvd compliant. Unfortunately, even if it is surely a NTSC dvd compliant clip, MediaInfo says that your 'test-vcd-mplex.mpg' is not following the NTSC standard. I can improve my routine, but it would be much much better if MediaInfo would recognize your clip properly.
Ok, that makes sense. I've asked about it on the Mediainfo thread, so hopefully it'll be fixed.

Quote:
About the 2nd issue, you are right, I have already found some containers in which the audio track is mapped as first track and video as second one. When using audio direct stream copy (keep compliant audio) there are some problem in passing to ffmpeg the correct tracks map. I can add a workaround to this occasional anomaly by promting the user to edit the ffmpeg command line, if the adv option 'edit command params at runtime' is on, of course. What do you think?
What about basing the command on the # of audio tracks? I would assume that files with the audio track first usually have only 1 audio track, not multiple ones. Therefore, if it detects only one audio track, regardless of track position, to just leave the map parameter out.

Unless this would have other consequences to the rest of the authoring process, anyway. Files that have more than one audio track in the positions before the video, or other 'weird' configurations of audio (like track 1 and track 3 are audio, track 2 is video or something) would probably still be affected, though.
qyot27 is offline   Reply With Quote