View Single Post
Old 19th June 2003, 20:03   #21  |  Link
S_O

Quote:
But i still would like to see a DDshow player filter.....
At least there will be a parser filter, Milan (the author of ffdshow) is adding audio decoder at the moment to ffdshow, and he wants to create a parser, too. This parser will also be able to parse real media, because ffmpeg is able to read it. Unfortunately, only for Real Video 1 (H.263), Real Audio 1 (14.4) and Real Audio 2 (28.8) (Real Audio 3?) are free open-source decoders avaible, so most real media files will not be playable.
Maybe when the parser is finished someone else could create decoder filters for the other codecss using the DLLs from Helix.
How many different codecs does Real Media have? I know that there is Real Video 1, Real Video 2 and Real Video 3 and Real Video 9, but there must be somewhat in between, waht are the "G2" codecs for example? Are all codecs completly except RV1 (H.263) properitary? I know there are also two different Real Audio 8, "RA8" and "RA 8", "RA 8" is Atrac3. Is there a full list somewhere?

That is a other bad thing I hate in Real, could it be possible to separate all codecs, that bitrate setting and used codec is separated. Maybe in "Advanced Mode" and could it be possible to encode in _all_ codecs, not only the newest, maybe for compability with (very) old Real Players.
S_O is offline   Reply With Quote