View Single Post
Old 13th December 2005, 20:31   #5  |  Link
tateu

hanfrunz,

Yes, I have plans to try and write an export filter (uncompressed, mjpg, DV25 and mpeg2). I had planned to write the data into a new OMF container, which would require you to import the new file back into your editing software and manually replace all instances of it. I didn't actually think of writing the data back into the same OMF container, but that's a great idea, since it should automatically replace all instances of the file in your editing software. Thanks.

AviSynth deinterlacing is the main reason that I wrote this filter. Almost all of the projects we work on require progressive output. On a recent project a few months ago (back when we were using a Matrox Digisuite system, which captures to AVI) I needed to deinterlace about 150 clips ranging in duration from 5 - 120 seconds. That would have been a pain to do manually so I wrote a perl script that parsed the AVI directory, created an AviSynth script and ran it through Virtualdub. Then we bought an AVID Adrenaline and I realized that this method was no longer an option. That's when I found your uncompressed filter and started looking into the OMF file structure.

I am also planning on a direct stream copy mode. This would copy the raw data into another video container (yuv.avi, mjpg.avi, DV.avi, mpeg2.m2v), into a raw video format or into a sequence of still frames.

And I also have plans to try and write a commandline OMF encoder, with raw format, avi and/or avisynth as input.

CirTap,

No, the libraries are compiled into the filter. The only dll you need is omfToolkit.dll. You only need those libraries if you plan to compile the source code.

Audio import is low on the priority list (we only work with video) but it is definately planned.
tateu is offline   Reply With Quote