View Single Post
Old 29th December 2009, 02:47   #59  |  Link
Blinky7

Hi there. I am pretty much testing the same stuff as you. I wanted to replace some useless (to me) subs with Greek ones while keeping the menus, and I started with the simple idea to ask TSmuxer to give an m2ts file as an export file, and get that file to replace the original movie file in the BD folder. Very simploe and it actually worked for a movie. But failed the next 3 I tried..... so I understood that the CLPI and MPLS files are linked with the M2TS file and are important too, and while searching I gound your guide.

Well, my own testing has given me these results :
If the movie has Java popup menu (my test movie was Dodgeball) then you can replace all 3 files (m2ts-clpi-mpls) and you are fine. If the popup is not Java, then replacing only the m2ts file didnt work for either of my 2 test movies (Wedding Crashers and Notebook). After trial and error I found out you need to keep the original mpls file, but replace both the m2ts and the clpi file for it to work. This way it worked for both. Because I want to find a universal method that workes for both BDjava menu movies and the rest, I then tried Dodgeball again, this time keeping hte original mpls file (to see if changing the clpi and m2ts is enough for ALL movies to work OK and then this could be considered a universal approachm, something good for a guide, even if a step is unnecessary for some movies).
Well, it worked, but I noticed the chapters were not working correctly. I initially thought about the advice you gave to Mamaki earlier in this thread, about TSmuxer reading the chapter times incorrectly. But that was not the case. Then I thought it could be a problem with BD-java movies because before I replaced the clpi file they worked great, but going to check Wedding crashers and Notebook, I saw the same problem existed there too. So it didnt have to do with the type of movie, it was just introduced when changing the CLPI file, something that was necessary for non-java movies.

What is the problem you ask? Well, whenever you go to a point in the movie between 0 and 10mins, it always starts the movie from the begining. The chapter info is correct, but simply going to the first 2 chapters (which are typically below 10mins) you get the movie begining. Even if I press with my mouse on the bar of powerdvd at any point below the 10min mark I see the movie from the begining. The timing on powerdvd is not affected mind you....for example if I press on the 7th minute, the timing will go to 00:07:00/01:34:42 and move up from there on, but the video being played will be the start of the movie.

By the above trial and error procedure, it's clear that it has to do with the CLPI file and that there is this magical limit of 10mins up to which it does not work correctly....

Does this happen to you? Any ideas?
Blinky7 is offline   Reply With Quote