View Single Post
Old 26th August 2013, 17:39   #19943  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Touche* View Post
Why would this look better than 24p@24Hz?
Because FRC blends the frames, they're not 1/2/3/4 anymore, they're 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 and so on. madshi made very clear that FRC was simulating an infinite refresh rate and that the higher the better.

All I'm seeing is frame blending I guess and it would appear that SVP also provides a blending mode. FI does create unacceptable artifacts on fast moving objects but I can entirely live with frame blending slight "blurring"(can't really find the right word ^^) as 24p doesn't hiccup anymore

Anyway, as I said I'm colorblind and left-handed and I'm just sharing the results of my real-world experiments....If anything, I kinda have a hard time understanding how nobody else sees what I see tbh

This said, 99% of the world appears to be using PWM flickering LCD monitors that give me instant headaches and eye burns, lol: LED Monitors can cause headaches due to flicker

Compare the very fast flickering videos from my previous post to this nasty sluggishly flickering PWM LCD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhDS7CHDPk

I also cannot bear plasmas that just flicker like hell to my brain, but again it doesn't just happen to me.

99% of the world would be OK with that DELL monitor but you can read that the guy who posted that youtube video sent it back for a refund due to this major problem. Funnily enough, DELL sent non-PWM samples of that S2440L monitor for review purposes and BenQ is now putting its money on a new line of non-flickering A-MVA monitors, too good to be true²

What I've learned in the audio world is that we all hear differently, the same way we all see differently. The idea is to share experiments results and find ways to improve our own experience, nothing more really and madshi has really saved my day as far as my HTPC is concerned

It would appear that some digital displays use CRT-like tricks when fed 24p so YMMV again, but unprocessed 24p judder is really hard to bear IME on a LCD screen: New Sony HDTV’s with Motionflow Impulse

Last edited by leeperry; 26th August 2013 at 22:05.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote