Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 27th September 2013, 08:54   #39  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Interestingly, SEt's MT DLL (built with VC2010) exhibits the same exception handling behaviour as the official one that is built with VC6.
No idea what he did, but I think he mentioned something about "hacking" the compiler.
That's because he is using different compiler settings. If I switch to /EHsc (which is the theoretical equivalent of VC6's /GX), I get similar exception behavior as in the official build. Of course then set_seh_translator falls apart. The official project solved set_seh_translator's absence using custom ASM-hacks, and I guess those are the hacks that SEt referred to. I got rid of those hacks in my build, as I prefer to use methods that are officially supported by the compiler. But now I need to fix up parts of the code to properly support this scenario.

On the other hand, it would also make sense to completely remove handling SEH-exceptions, because there are very few valid reasons to handle them, and even less that are worthy of showing to the user, as they indicate coding errors in Avisynth or in the plugins. I might really remove them in a later build of mine, but not now, to take it step-by-step.

Last edited by ultim; 27th September 2013 at 08:59.