View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2011, 22:27   #8864  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Please check with v0.69 which primaries (press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P once), decoding matrix (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+M) and input levels (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+I) madVR has detected.
I've disabled all calibration in mVR, whatever gamut or gamma. Would/Should it still matter? I merely require mVR >0.69 to output untouched 0-255 RGB32 exactly like 0.67, and YV12 would be great too.

Quote:
FWIW, madVR detects if ffdshow is set to PC or TV levels *RGB output*. madVR simply checks which option is activated under "ffdshow -> output -> RGB output levels" and uses that as the input PC vs. TV levels. If you have configured ffdshow to output YV12, then there is no simple ffdshow option (I know of) that I could check to see which levels ffdshow outputs.
And why would this all matter to mVR? I really don't get it

There's an option in mVR to do a TV>PC conversion, if it's unchecked all BTB/WTW should be allowed to get through untouched...that isn't the case as of now.

Whatever YV12 or RGB32, as long as you haven't checked this option to process a TV>PC conversion, mVR shouldn't temper w/ the levels/gamma. If you feed 0-255 YUY2/RGB32 to HR/EVR, they will not touch the levels/gamma curves.

Quote:
madVR should also detect now which decoding matrix and primaries the original source had, even if you decode with an external decoder and use ffdshow to upscale.
Nice! TBH, my ddcc() CUDA doesn't really work as expected because ffdshow kills the Avisynth plugins threads in a very dirty way(tritical confirmed it here) so I'm still looking for a no-nonsense gamut mapping solution, and I'm starting to lose faith tbh

Last time we discussed it, your VR considered all HD to be using the HDTV gamut...and whatever many professionals on AVS or my eyes are in complete disagreement w/ this choice...but well, I don't wanna sound like a broken record and my semi-working Avisynth kludge delivers the goods exactly the way I want it to: colors look amazing to my eyes, and it's all that truly matters

sansnom05 doesn't look quite dead, maybe he'll find some time to fix this glitch for me

I would very much enjoy seeing full support for 0-255 in mVR(3DLUT included) and some basic options to automatically set the input gamut depending on the frame rate/movie dimpensions: 23.976/24=SMPTE-C, 25=EBU, 29.97=HDTV when HD and SMPTE-C when uspcaled SD. And of course a hotkey to switch between them on the fly, but it's already there.

Either way, I'm back to 0.67 in 0-255 RGB32, and I dearly hope that you'll manage to make >0.69 output the exact same levels/gamma for both 0-255 RGB32(just like 0.67) & YV12 just like HR & EVR = untouched.

Last edited by leeperry; 24th July 2011 at 02:50.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote