View Single Post
Old 13th May 2005, 04:38   #49  |  Link
ai4spam
Programmer

Quote:
a bug: the rectangle "drawn" with right mouse button doesn't stay in place. As soon as I click on something else (mostly the buttons-gadgets for thresholds), it returns to the previous position. (maybe this has to do something with the source, avisynth'd and cropped)
I can't reproduce this. Hopefully, it will all go away once I start supporting AviSynth and not MediaPlayer.

Quote:
a feature request: Also, the rectangle cannot be drawn by dragging in bottom-right to top-left direction (message: range check error). This is sometimes needed when the bottom-right corner has better visual indication.

another feature request (low priority): inter-line height to be able to be bigger than 40.
Sure, it will be done.

Quote:
a community "please": some good values for thresholds (or tutorial, as mentioned). No matter what I do, I end up with subrip recognizing only parts of letters (too thinned) or ugly big areas (the two fill options don't help).
Well, in my case it's a combination of everything: text color and outline color tolerance, filling. Beta 13 introduced some stuff to help with the big ugly areas (most of which should disappear when you click "use outline"), namely drawing lines between the text lines and filling the open areas from there. Also, keep in mind that "large" means that the width or the height is more than 10 times the text line width, so if that is detected incorrectly (max=10), then only areas of more than 10*10=100 in width or height will be filled. The value 10 came from the fact that the widest letter (W) and the tallest letter (E) have some less than 10 lines forming them. Basically, you need to manually lower the text line witdth to the point where text is still detected correctly, but large areas are filled. I'll change it to work better when the height of the text is set in the inter-line options panel.
Everybody, please post your successful setting combinations. And I'm still waiting for someone to volunteer to write a tutorial .

Quote:
The source is very clean, BTW.
thankyous: to the authors of the program.
Well, the point was to make it easy to understand. SubRip has enough parts that I had a hard time unraveling myself, I saw no point in adding to that .
And you're welcome, it's nice to be appreciated .

Last edited by ai4spam; 13th May 2005 at 18:37.
ai4spam is offline   Reply With Quote