View Single Post
Old 31st July 2005, 08:30   #256  |  Link
tritical

Unfortunately, development on TIVTC/TDeint has slowed a lot due to my being busy and working on other projects, but I did have some free time earlier today so here is [link removed].

This version adds a new field matching mode to tfm (mode 6, so it doesn't change any previous mode numbers), and the ability for tfm to field match off the d2v flags (can be only in 0123, a.k.a film to dvd2avi/dgindex, sections or completely). With the addition of the d2v matching to tfm, tfm/tdecimate can now do ivtc completely off the flags in properly flagged sections. The decimation is not 100% strict to allow for hopefully better handling. How it works is tfm passes on the duplicate info, which is figured by taking into account the rff flags and the actual matches used, to tdecimate. TDecimate then checks that that frame's metric is indeed <= to the lowest metric in the cycle (which it should be) and that there is only 1 d2v duplicate in the cycle. If those conditions aren't met then it uses it regular handling. Field matching off the flags gives a very large speedup since no calculations have to be done.

Also, I finally went through and changed all the setcachehints calls for all filters in tivtc.dll to use a diameter instead of radius... so depending on script complexity it could give a pretty good speed up for most people.

Any feedback on the d2v flag based matching would be helpful, especially if it doesn't work correctly. I tested it a good bit, but the only material I have atm is either 100% film or 0.0% film, nothing that is split. I also have been doing some work on improving the field matching algorithm, and would be very grateful for sample clips that have matching problems (ideally where a good match exists between the normal matches - p/c or n/c).

Full change list:
Code:
TFM:  Added new match mode (mode 6)
TFM:  Added field matching from d2v file
TFM:  Added "flags" parameter to control how d2v info is used or not used
FieldDiff:  can use sse instead of sad
ALL:  setcachehints diameter instead of radius

Last edited by tritical; 31st July 2005 at 23:00.
tritical is offline   Reply With Quote