View Single Post
Old 5th January 2006, 23:29   #9  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

well.. I just found the problem case: You're setting up multiple movies for encoding in one click mode. So you end up having a bunch of one click jobs, then you add the shutdown job, and then you start. After indexing, MeGUI will write the jobs at the end of the queue.. then all other movies will be indexed, and then the system will shut down.. without encoding ever having been done. Previously, all movies would be encoded and only then would the system shut down. I agree that the way the one click mode adds jobs isn't ideal, but changing that touches the very core of MeGUI.. it's not something you can just whip up in a few hours and then never have to worry about it anymore.. if that's ever to be changed, whoever does it needs to know all the internal working of MeGUI quite well.. so I guess I would be the most obvious choice but I have other priorities. With that in mind, I strongly suggest just moving the checkbox to the queue, and having an option in the one click window that will set that checkbox (since it could be that you'll start encoding right away without having to go to the queue and manually start the queue). Doing it that way also means you never have to actually go to th e queue tab (we could add another one to the auto encoder form to set the flag as well).. all the more practical and it does what you want in all cases. The request came because it's admittedly cumbersome to go to the settings.. but if you have it where you start the jobs, that's even more convenient than having it in the queue tab.