View Single Post
Old 18th February 2015, 09:13   #190  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks fore the quote by 0xdeadbeef. I have figured out myself that the --convert-fps option is made to adjust the frame rate, but that doesn't work correctly at all. The frame rate is included in the XML and IDX files, and therefore I suppose it is read and used as the default input file rate. So, for example, if I use a XML with FrameRate="23.976 and I specify --convert-fps 24p 24p, the output file should have the same time codes than the input file. But it's NOT the case! Note also that the --convert-fps option gives DIFFERENT RESULTS depending of the output stream format!

I suppose too that the input frame rate must be specified when converting a BD SUP file, because BDSup2Sub has no frame rate information in the file. But regardless of the input frame rate specified on the command line, it is ALWAYS mandatory to use 24 (and not 23.976!) as the target frame rate to force BDSup2Sub to not change the timings is the input XML is tagged with 23.976! Omitting completely the --convert-fps option doesn't work either. So, the XML must be tagged with a wrong frame rate (25fps) AND the --convert-fps must specify the wrong 24 fps as the output frame rate to work properly! It's a serious mess. To make things even more confusing, there is also a --fps-target option that you can specify, but it seems to have no effect. And BDSup2Sup++ doesn't have the --convert-fps option, but it has the --fps-target and the --fps-source options, that can be combined to work similarly (with the same bugs) than the --convert-fps of the java version. Anyway, I have decided to leave BDSup2Sub do its conversion without specifying any parameter, and without changing the default 25fps in the XML or IDX files. That works, but it's really strange.

There is also a problem with the standalone subtitle conversion tools (in the Tools menu of BD3D2MK3D), as you can specify the output frame rate if you want to force a conversion. But you have to select wrong target fps to obtain the right conversion! Difficult to explain! But I'll try to solve the problem of the conversion tools later. Currently, I want to release a version that works well when doing the main job.

For the aspect ratio, what you want is strange. The AR of a 3D movie MUST be 16:9, regardless of its (full or half) resolution, because the final movie is always displayed in 16:9. Specifying other ARs leads to distorted images on all devices I have tested so far. In your case, Stereoscopic Player should keep the original 16:9 AR after its conversion to interleaved frames, because it knows that it's a 16:9 movie, and therefore that the AR is the AR of the final result. If it doesn't do that correctly, it's a bug in Stereoscopic Player, and not in BD3D2MK3D. However, I can add an hidden option in the config file if you wish. You will have to edit it manually, because I don't like much to add potentially confusing options in the GUI. And also because I want to release the fix rapidly and I haven't much time to modify the GUI.

Last edited by r0lZ; 18th February 2015 at 09:18.