View Single Post
Old 13th December 2008, 18:29   #16  |  Link
CruNcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
As long as you keep your codes in private and protect/obfuscate your binaries we can't prove that statement (easily).
But that applies to most commercial software...

So if your really plan to sell your software commercially, protection makes sense indeed.
But you should check your protected binaries at http://virustotal.com/ to avoid false positives and confusion.
Also I'd recommend to test your binaries with DEP enabled...
Imho it makes 0 sense and just highers his costs without any usefulness.
VMProtect is also another of these security layers that's imho useless, but yeah Virtualization the new Buzzword so i need it
Btw there is more then DEP they're lot of 3rd Party behavioral analyzers some of them will also go into alert mode but he's gonna see that from his customers feedback soon enough, you just run after something which can't exist on current hardware and that as a knowledgeable person is highly non logic
Though how he writes shows what his main intention is "Business" so good luck vs your competition especially CoreCodec and DivX you should have joined ffmpeg and invest your potential energy into there then to waste it like this schweinsz (it's never to late ), of course that's your personal decision, nevertheless i wish you good luck and im out.
Don't want to be responsible if Donald get's a heart attack, sometimes going of topic is unavoidable especially as in this case the thread starter is promoting something so i assumed he's also interested in general ideas and views about his future Software Product (from his Potential Con/Pro Customers)

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 13th December 2008 at 19:09.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote