View Single Post
Old 14th July 2011, 11:24   #10  |  Link
Youka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
Incidentally, the reason I was so quick to spot this issue (and the previous one) is that I am working on something similar (without Lua) for my own purposes, and I had already made a similar change (create the context only once) in my own code.
It's mysterious that for every frame in avisynth the same context has to be make the current again. You know why?

Quote:
Other points which you might find helpful:
- Some graphics cards/drivers (like my laptop!) will not render to an invisible window. You can use a pbuffer context (where supported) to avoid this problem.
Never heard of such a case. Know PBOs but weren't needed until know (slower than standard). Maybe add to next version with VBOs.

Quote:
- Instead of copying to and from an intermediate buffer when passing pixel data between Avisynth and OpenGL, you can use glPixelStorei(GL_[UN]PACK_ROW_LENGTH, pitch/4) with a format of GL_BGRA_EXT in glReadPixels and glDrawPixels. (This probably makes your PixelHandler class redundant.)
The BGRA format is an official part of OpenGL 1.2, so i'd chosen the way by swapping RGBA because of my old PC (without graphic card) didn't support it + won't become much faster.
Youka is offline   Reply With Quote