View Single Post
Old 9th October 2009, 08:44   #148  |  Link
ACrowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
ACrowley
Note, that megui's "turbo" first pass probably uses different settings than 1st pass in x264. But I'm not using megui since I found Simple x264 Launcher so I'm not sure what settings MeGui uses now.
as i say i use exactly the same cmdline everytime,also i dont use megui anymore!
Same 1 pass Perfomance with x264.exe via cmdline too since years.
But not with this launcher....i dont know why, strange. Theres something wrong

It looks like the placebo preset in 1pass where the turbo is disabled. I get 4-4fps with placebo in 1 pass too...

But i use the preset very slow ...and the launchers log shows the correct cmdline.

I really want to know Results from other Users. Please can someone test the 2 pass VBR Mode with the same cmdline with this gui ?

Preset: Veryslow
Tuning: Grain
Profile: High
Params: --level 4.1 --deblock -3:-3 --ref 5 --vbv-bufsize 30000 --vbv-maxrate 40000 --no-dct-decimate --no-fast-pskip --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --me umh --subme 9

Perhaps somebody can reproduce it...im sure its not my fault.

EDIT:
It works 1 pass fps are normal now. I changed nothing but x264 to latest rev1281 techhouse. Same cmdline/Source/AvS as above
However, its strange.In Fact i hade same Perfomance with the older Build via x264.exe. There was something confused here. But now its fine.

By the Way, a autom creation of the output logf Feature woule be nice ? Ofcourse i can manually copy it to clipboard, sure

Last edited by ACrowley; 10th October 2009 at 07:30.
ACrowley is offline   Reply With Quote