View Single Post
Old 15th September 2003, 16:14   #7  |  Link
r6d2
Graphite mod

Quote:
Originally posted by tylo
[B]@r6d2

If you're interested, I will make it available to you (incl source code), so you can include it with your FACAR distribution.
@Tylo,

Sounds great! I had been playing with AutoCrop 1.1 calls to detect and use the values directly (like GripFit does), but I found that sometimes AutoCrop just doesn't get it right. Human intervention to say "this is it" is still needed or you may find out later that you lost a lot of time.

If you have time, you might try to modify AutoCrop algo to do something like this: instead of using a predefined threshold, scan the lines and compute the maximum M for all of them. Then stop when (M(n)-M(n-1)) > E, where E is the possible error of a black area (determined experimentally). I think this way human intervention can be left aside.

I'd do it myself, but C++ is quite obscure to me. I'm an old timer.

Please e-mail me your code (I PMed you my e-mail address).
Do you know how much overscan and which resolution your TV has? Find out if NTSC.
Moderator: 1: one who arbitrates 2: one who presides over an assembly, meeting, or discussion
3: a substance (as graphite) used for slowing down neutrons in a nuclear reactor (Webster)
r6d2 is offline   Reply With Quote