View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2020, 00:46   #8  |  Link
simple_simon

I know there are benefits to installing an external avisynth but I do all my script editing and testing using MeGui so I don't utilize any of those benefits. Besides, if it's necessary to install a separate external avisynth then there's no reason for MeGui to have it's own internal copy. I'm just trying to reduce redundancy. Plus I like the idea of MeGui being a self-contained package that I could throw on a thumb drive and use on a computer that doesn't have avisynth installed (not that I would probably use that function too much) but ever since MeGui started including it's own internal avisynth I thought that the whole point of that was to make portability possible. The only thing preventing that was a simple thing like being able to autoload a filter directory. AddAutoloadDir() fixes that.

I finally traced the problem with avsi autoloading that I mentioned in that other post you linked to a typo in one of my scripts so that's what was preventing that from working. Otherwise adding a registry entry for a filters directory works perfectly well without installing avisynth. But again that's not true portability if you have to add registry entries on a computer that may not be your own. Not very polite either.
simple_simon is offline   Reply With Quote