View Single Post
Old 26th June 2011, 23:42   #17598  |  Link
JanWillem32

I'm not going to try to break up my re-written parts of the renderer for partial integration. I've re-written almost the complete rendering engine, and the allocator-presenter is re-written for more than a quarter of the total code. There's little resemblance in some parts of the rendering method. That causes incompatibility with a lot of the older code. The best I can do at the moment is to provide users with tester builds and interact in the thread I made. I use this method as a way to work towards offering the renewed version of the internal renderer sections as a complete replacement, rather than a patch of the original code. I most certainly know I have bend over backwards to ever get the three VSync items to work again as they used to. I'll just have to make it work, but it's very hard for me to understand the cohesion in the many 64-bit items it uses, with timescales in millisecond, 100 nanosecond, nanosecond, second and per second timing units. I would never have written it in this way. (I'm usually lazy in this regard and just activate the video card's own internal VSync, or let desktop composition handle the VSync in windowed mode, but I'm a lot more familiar with DirectX 10 and 11 than 9, anyway.)