View Single Post
Old 12th March 2019, 03:11   #7  |  Link
maxkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
you talk about 30 HZ a here and stutter from time to time which well why are you even using 30?

you should frame rate match to avoid judder that means 23p for 23p content.
i have to do so many ifs here so if your source is the usually 23p and and you set your display to 30 you will get heavy judder.

i have no clue why you just take a random number like 30HZ here.
Relax the 30hz is default when putting tv to deep color.
I also tested other hz like 23 and 24 still no success. Good to know about matching framrate thanks bro.

Quote:
this make no sense you can use an SDR 3D LUT for HDR too and i have no way what you load where and why.
I'm using the HDR to SDR 3dlut file this is the one I refer to as the HDR 3dlut file. The other non-3dlut file does not work in HDR section, only in calibration section (as seen in my guide).

Quote:
there is absolutely no point in taking none synthetic 3D LUT from somewhere these things have meta data and all kind of things can go wrong.

if a file is correctly created as HDR and you have a matching HDR -> SDR it will be used and not some other ones.
Umm, well, that is not entirely correct Sir. I get the HDR 3dlut to work for a lot of 2160p content even files about 12gb. But for example Oblivion a 45gb UHD file does not work with the HDR 3dlut. Same thing for Alien Covenant. I know this because I can set gamma level and it changes the brightess which you can never do if HDR mode is enabled.

Quote:
you fix black crush by calibrating it: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php

if your screen clips black level try to fix it with custom levels.
Okey you mean only calibrating your contrast outside of the player huh. Well, the 3dlut I use that is not HDR seems to do just fine on the black levels which is why I'm asking. I get no crushed blacks on that one but on the HDR I think I get some (even though picture still looks good). No setting to change in the DisplayCAL the greyscale or what have you before creating the 3dlut then?

Quote:
that a test pattern creator it's useless without a meter.
Great thanks.
maxkill is offline   Reply With Quote