View Single Post
Old 6th April 2010, 19:48   #1515  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abradoks View Post
There is already --default-duration for it.
No. --default-duration only sets the default duration parameter. The default duration is used if no timecode information is provided by the source (which is rare, e.g. raw h264 streams). Other than that --default-duration does not modify timecodes at all.

Quote:
Is there such option in mkvmerge or in mmg?
No.

Quote:
What do you mean by "backwards compatible"? Yes, current --sync looks just like an alias for this parameter, and it would be better to change it's behavior.
No.

Quote:
But you can add something like --TrackTimecodeScale instead and leave --sync unchanged.
That's exactly what I won't do due to limited free time. For proper support this would mean adding the parameter do mkvmerge, documenting it in the man page, in mkvmerge's help text, adding a control in mmg, adding the tooltip for it, translating all of the help texts into German (that's the one language I'm translating into myself). It's not done in merely five minutes, you know.

Patches are always welcome.

Quote:
Not at all. If player doesn't want to resample, then it just modifies timecodes of other streams to keep in sync. That's what some splitters do with current method.
That only works if only a single track has that parameter set. What if you have three tracks (audio, video, subtitles) and both the audio and subtitle track have different TrackTimecodeScale values set?

Anyway, like I said, I won't do this _myself_.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.