View Single Post
Old 13th August 2005, 16:04   #12  |  Link
DeathTheSheep
<The VFW Sheep of Death>

Cool.

The thing that frazzles me is that the people who use Nero often confuse the "range:32" of x264 and the "range:512" of Recode2. I think some "range" clarification is in order for us poor folks (motion vector range : motion estimation range).

neo_anderson:
Slightly OT... But btw, in the screenshots, the guy looks more pleasant and clean-shaven in the AVC encode...He looks more menacing/dirty in the DVD frame with all his stubble. Gotta love that MPEG-4 smoothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiNcH
It actually does [already support CQM]. Guess that it is just not part of the VfW interface.
Problem is that ffdshow still doesn't support CQM. Have to use Nero Digital AVC Decoder instead.
Indeed. This is precisely the reason I left it out of my guide. I changed the wording a bit, though.

Quote:
Interesting information on motion search engine/motion search algorithms in x264: Motion Search Method
Yes, my guide is fully compliant with that thread. I just wrote up the best methods in my guide to illimate the need for users to poke about.

Is there any way to increase the post size limit? (From 16000 characters to, say... 25000?)

Last edited by DeathTheSheep; 13th August 2005 at 16:59.
DeathTheSheep is offline   Reply With Quote