View Single Post
Old 28th February 2009, 23:44   #8436  |  Link
sidekick2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwg View Post
I am using a Sony S350 and it has DD+ decoding in the specs for it. I am using the coaxial digital output (don't have HD audio capability). The amp is a Sony STR-DB930.

Software is PowerDVD 7.3 and Nero Showtime with the HD DVD/BD plugin.

I recently did a load of movie only HD DVD to Blu Ray's with DD+ straight from the HD DVD's inc the Bourne Trilogy.
I'm using the PS3, thru hdmi to an Onkyo 805. My Dad has a bdp-s350, so I think I'll take one of these bd-re I've burned over there and see if it works on his. If it does, then that means the PS3 doesn't like dd+.

Hmm... another site shows: http://whatsonhdtv.blogspot.com/2008...ray-audio.html

To date, Sony has not been terribly responsive to these suggestions. Other than confirming that:

* of the four higher-resolution or lossless audio compression codecs, the PS3 can decode Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio, but not Dolby Digital Plus or DTS-HD High Resolution

* the PS3 can pass through the four advanced audio compression codecs as bitstreams, rather than decoding them to linear PCM, but it can pass them through only in their "core" 5.1-channel, low-bitrate forms

This explains why I won't get dolby digital plus on the PS3. It's not supported or decoded. (unless it's a real blu-ray dd+, with a core, and then it will spit out the core only)

Has anyone else got a PS3 and dolby digital plus working? (from an hd-dvd rip?)