View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2013, 19:11   #27  |  Link
JustinChase

I'm getting the error that the 'wav file is smaller than expected' when trying to rip a 5.1 channel 96/24 stream from a blu ray into a flac file

I'm assuming it's because the initial wav file it creates is limited by a 4GB size barrier, so it's not creating the full wav file in the beginning, so that when it gets to the last file to be split by chapters, the file it's ripping from doesn't have all the information.

I'm not sure why it rips the original PCM into a wav file to start the process, instead of just ripping/converting directly into the chosen format, but I'm sure there is a reason.

Hmmm... I just ran it again, and this time chose flac, wav and wav64, and it gave me the same error, but there are now .wav and .w64 files in the output folder, so my theory seems wrong, and it's only something to do with a flac conversion. The first 9 (of 10) files converted fine, only the last file fails. I've tried it with just the 10th file selected, same error. I've picked a different title with the same stream info (duration, chapter, etc), and it fails in the same way.
JustinChase is offline   Reply With Quote