View Single Post
Old 1st July 2010, 16:55   #15  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeridiusUK View Post
thanks for the help

so if the pc decoded these formats to stero how can you have them play normaly as my amp supports the hd audio format ? if the pc is sending out teh hd or dts as stereo
You seem to be mixing things up again or I misunderstood you. So far I understood that you want to do either of the following 2 depending on your mood:
1.) use your amp and your separate soundsystem for the sound
2.) use your stereo tv speakers (probably for old movies or series' without decent soundtracks)

How to do it:
1.) Connect your PC to your amp. You can normally do this over HDMI if your PC has support for it. You can then either stream the AC3,DTS, Hi-Def (and others) to the amp and let it decode them or let your PC decode them and stream a lossless PCM stream to your amp. Either way you will not lose any quality.
2.) Set the sound to decode on PC and downmix to stereo and stream the PCM signal to the TV

Please consult this thread about how to do the streaming via HDMI, as I don't have much knowledge about it.

Quote:
also what is the best methed of ripping dvd,blu-rays to hd before you start to compress and alter them i mean getting the whole disk untouched onto the hardrive ?
makemkv is a good option IMHO.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote