View Single Post
Old 21st April 2012, 03:12   #35  |  Link
shark000X
Real Harper's Mockingbird

Hi AMSS0815,

There is not much progress with my problem. I've tried all variants of colormatrix transform (PC<->TV between 601, 709, 240 and FCC standards) that my source could possibly undergone before the final encoding. Some interesting results occurred, but they are hard to implement.

The shapes of logo look better for deblending after TV.709->PC.FCC transform (yeah, my source has a European nature for sure, so it was more intuitive than logical idea to try the American FCC standard). Moreover, TV.240->PC.601 is the best variant, but still not enough for illuminated areas especially.

The first conclusion here - the levels want to be restricted to TV-range before colormatrix changing.

Further, let us analyze the colormatrix tables (the right one created for comfortable searching of dependences):
Keeping in mind the results, I see they are better when increasing the Red coefficient up to 41% (the 0.087 differential for both 709->FCC and 240->601), while decreasing the Green and increasing the Blue coefficients. The tendency is obvious, but the Blue doesn't like a much difference from the previous state (53% loose against 31%).

The second conclusion here - the color balance is not suitable for the AnalyzeLogo.

Proceeding from the above conclusions I tried (assuming it is useless) to prepare the movie under AutoGain and AutoLevels (simultaneously and not) -- they certainly helped to make the logo more solid (it's a kind of goodbye to further deblending). I don't know any other way to find the good color balance for AnalyzeLogo, except the hundreds or thousands iterations for manual picking-up-and-down. Uuuff, it's driving me crazy sometime, but I continue experiments and looking for new reasonable opportunities.

Since the above situation arrived, some new questions appeared:
10) Is there any additional convertion activated inside the AVSinpaint? (e.g. if YV12 or YUY2 inputed to AVSinpaint but further converted for inside RGB processing)
11) Does AVSinpaint include any specific restrictions as to color balance? If yes, how can I learn them and/or improve?

I am not going to annoy like the logo does, but AMSS0815 please tell me at least if you can help me or not to deblend it.
Thank you. Good bye.

Last edited by shark000X; 22nd April 2012 at 23:15. Reason: the name is changed to pseudonym
shark000X is offline   Reply With Quote