Thread: How to encode!
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2010, 16:52   #10  |  Link
vickynash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggle View Post
Ah there's the answer. This will likely be the analysis that MeGUI does to find out what kind of video you are feeding it.
I suggest you refrain for now from using AutoEncode, since doing it manually will teach you a lot more about video encoding. Just open the AVS Script Creator under "Tools" en load your d2v file. Then press Auto crop en check resize and recommended size, depending on the bitrate you want to use and complexity of the movie you will have to bring the size down. on the next tab you can click on 'Analyse', which you need to do since you have NTSC (this is probably the 'preprocessing' you talked about, it can take some time). It will automatically configure the Telecine options and such. Then choose your resizing algorithm, I personally use Spline36, but that choice as well depends on a few factors like bitrate and visual needs. In the third tab you can see the resulting script. If you click save it will automatically load the script in MeGUI and you can configure x264's options by clicking on Config and then in the next screen on "Load Defaults". Change "Const. Quality" to 2pass if you need to use a certain bitrate. Optionally, you can also choose a 'tuning' for Film, Anime and such. Click on OK and then enqueue your encode. Go to the jobs list and start the enqued job. It will start and run with no problems.

This will be the starting point. You can play with settings and look at the results, to learn about what it is what you are doing. Valuable resources are for instance the website of Avisynth, where many internal options are explained that you can use in your script, and the filter collection by Fizzick, which you just need to google for. As for x264's options, just use the built-in presets slider for now, it works fine.

Oh and of course the audio part! I suggest you use Nero AAC, you need to download it from Nero's website, google it or look for it on hydrogenaudio.org (don't know if the link is here also) and extract it somewhere before you can tell where MeGUI to find it and subsequently use it (again, depending on what you want with the resulting video, you will have to choose a setting).

this is wat i ve done man, but the problem is i am getting stucked at the preprocesing its taking more than 30min, and i ve tried using add pre rendering and queue analysis pass, i was able to encode but i am havin a crash, not jus the application but a system crash, it happend more thrice, any other solutions plz,

and i really appreciate ur concern in replyin to me, thnx a lot