View Single Post
Old 9th April 2005, 01:39   #6  |  Link
krieger2005

Quote:
Originally posted by Didée
Interesting function, will give it a try (supposely it's a little slower than BDH3, isn't it ... )
Yes... it is much slower... (and i mean much...), but it can remove really horrible halos. If you have some time and some ideas how to improve this script... you know

However, since here are "horrible halos" (or like you said "drop shadows") i posted the script here... I have much effort with this script. Try it, Chainmax! If it remove not anough increase "thinY", but max. thinY should be 5.

Quote:
Originally posted by Didée
But another thing: Since you do have a plugin that does area evaluation anyways ... what about:

1- Get all pixels from pixel's neighborhood ( /w custom radius)
2- calculate area's average
3- upper boundary: average of (all pixels > area_average)
4- lower boundary: average of (all pixels < area_average)
For 2: BlindDeRingB make an average, but only for a radius of 1 (so only 9 Pixels)
For 3 and 4: does i understand it right, that the filter should give an average in the "upper"-"lower"-Range for a pixel? If this is right, then BlindDeRingB is the right thing. The only thing is, that it have no "lower boundary". I made the expirience (with BlindDeRingA), that with high radius-values and a "lower boundary"-value>0 the filter produce halos... I will imporve this filter in the near future, so that the weights of the pixel-values wouldn't be allways "1", but decrease, if the radius is too big (maybe in gaussian way or something). If you have an better idea how to improve it, say it to me.

krieger2005
krieger2005
krieger2005 is offline   Reply With Quote