Old 8th April 2005, 13:50   #4  |  Link
Didée

Quote:
TBilateral [...]i love this filter
Oh yes!

Quote:
but it is sooo slow
OH YES!!!

Interesting function, will give it a try (supposely it's a little slower than BDH3, isn't it ... )

However, have a closer look at the source, krieger ... - note that these are "drop-shadow" -alike halos, only present at the right side of detail. In particular, some of the halos are *bigger* (wider) than the detail that is causing them. Plus the stronger of the halos do have halos themselves again ... This is *evil* stuff
E.g. BDH3 is not at all able to do anything useful about them ... that's why there is that "SimpsonsRepair" function, which is said to come from somewhere out of never-never-land

But another thing: Since you do have a plugin that does area evaluation anyways ... what about:

(Since I strongly dislike any fixed thresholding, like you do through your thresholdMin|Max. Fixed thresholding is a bad thing, most times)

- Get all pixels from pixel's neighborhood ( /w custom radius)
- calculate area's average
- upper boundary: average of (all pixels > area_average)
- lower boundary: average of (all pixels < area_average)

You get the idea.

[edit, forgot something]

@ Chainmax:

Seems the noise filtering reduces contrast pretty much again. Shall we extract that "enhance" functionality, so that it can be applied after denoising, or even within and after?

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)

Last edited by Didée; 8th April 2005 at 13:55.
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote