View Single Post
Old 28th October 2007, 03:04   #90  |  Link
qwerpoi

New version v2.0.2, download from the AvsP download page or the mirror. The changelog's not very long but this version's long overdue, since it fixes a couple of major bugs from 2.0.1. Here's the changelog:
Quote:
* added numerous entries to function database (contributions by Harukalover, danielkun)

* added ability to open multiple scripts in Open dialog (suggested by Underground78)

* new syntax in extension templates for relative paths (suggested by krisq)

* changed database editing for plugins to reduce redundancy with short and long names

+ fixed program hanging on text highlight (thanks miamicanes, Harukalover, foxyshadis)

+ fixed issue with translation messages (thanks zemog)

+ fixed crash when deleting existing bookmark (thanks AlanHK)

+ manually hidden sliders now stay hidden on video refresh (thanks AlanHK)

+ fixed minor bug with autocompletion and underscore character
The most important change here is the bugfix for the hanging issue, which made v2.0.1 practically impossible to use. Thanks to everyone who gave detailed reports to help me fix it. Other important bugfixes - deleting video frame bookmarks no longer crash, translation messages are working properly now.

The other important change here is the significant update to the filter database, thanks to those who contributed. Particularly Harukalover, who submitted a huge number of plugin definitions - I would say now that the majority of currently popular plugins are covered in this version.

One important note for people who use the "Options -> Avisynth function definition" dialog to customize the database - I changed the database for 3rd party plugins to only use the long version of function names, ie dllname_function. The short function names are automatically generated for each script, which means you need only define customizations for the long function name. The downside is that in this version you may lose some customizations. Although I put in some code to automatically detect and update short name customizations into the long name, it would be prudent to export your customizations before updating to v2.0.2 (use the "Export customizations" button at the bottom of the "Avisynth function definition" dialog), that way you can make sure you didn't lose anything. Feel free to report back if there are any issues.

Anyway, as you may have noticed, I have had a lot less time to work on AvsP recently. I am aware that there are quite a few feature requests I haven't gotten around to yet. If you think that there is some really important feature that you've already requested that I continually ignore , feel free to let me know again, and I'll try and move it up my priority list. Any new suggestions are of course welcome as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielkun View Post
A suggestion:
When I open an avs file that has a plugin function already used, and a few (but not all) parameters are specified, then only those already writen parameter slider appear. If I want all the sliders and textboxes to appear, I have to rewrite the function (using autocomplete ctrl+space) and then all the parameters with the default values appear. It's a small annoyance, but it'd be great if you can see the textboxes and sliders even for parameters that aren't explicitly written.

Also if the function is used without any parameters (all defaults) then the function doesnt appear at all at the controls pane.

Thanks again!
You're right, it's an issue that's come across my mind. Unfortunately, it would be pretty difficult to program - if the arguments aren't specified in the script, then the program would have to guess where to insert the argument values, which could lead to conflicts, since Avisynth some arguments are order dependent while others are not. If I think of a good way to do this, I'll consider it, but for now, I think the way it currently works is a good compromise, since it's relatively easy to understand and control.
qwerpoi is offline   Reply With Quote