Thread: Vapoursynth
View Single Post
Old 1st September 2012, 14:46   #30  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajj_3 View Post
nice, are there any speed improvements compared to avisynth so far? Maybe you could do a benchmark with a 720p x264 and 720x400 x264 and xvid with mpeg2 and h.264 sources. Does this use OpenCL acceleration yet? multithreading yet? 64bit yet?
KNOWN ISSUES IN R1: I messed up the python bindings slightly so you may get frames out of order when you pipe stuff. TDecimate is also derp. You've been warned. R2 coming in 36h or so.

It does use frame level multithreading but I haven't done a lot of speed tests yet but it should scale fairly well though.

And a few words about 64bits. Good but not magic. You get most of the speed benefits in 32bit code by using sse2 instructions so the gap isn't huge. The second benefit with address space is something I hope to simply get around with better memory management. X64 will come but I think most people will value partial avisynth binary compatibility higher.

Gpu stuff is somewhere in the slightly distant future. I need a stable base first.