View Single Post
Old 7th August 2014, 19:53   #251  |  Link
ozok
TEncoder, TX264, TAC

Quote:
P.S.1: In version 4.3.0 there is ability to add custom arguments to mencoder.I can write custom .ass style via ass-force-style and it works fine.Excellent job.
But there is one problem with mencoder,It can not use full cpu power.Even though i selected 4 threads in settings mencoder can not use 100 %.
In encoding settings can you provide an option for choosing threads to auto mode (threads=0).It probably can help to utilize full cpu power.
P.S:2:Are you considering to add support for mpv player?.It is a fork of mplayer/mplayer2/mencoder with different syntax for commands.
More info about mpv player encoding abilities: https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv.io...s/encoding.rst
P.S.3:Can you add an option for selecting FDKAAC.Sherpya mplayer/mencoder build support this encoder.
CPU usage depends on many things. The codec you are using, codec settings, input file's properties etc. I generally don't get 100% cpu usage when I use MEncoder so I run several instances of it at once. Make sure you unchecked "Use single process for x264" under "Encoding" settings.

I tried to make something out of mpv a while ago. It has many improvements over mencoder but syntax change isn't appealing (I don't remember syntax being too different than ffmpeg's). I'll keep it in mind though.

TEncoder doesn't use that mplayer/mencoder build anymore. I couldn't get it to work with subtitle fonts so I dumped it. Also fdkaac support needs and external library (a dll) file and I'm not sure if I can distribute it.
ozok is offline   Reply With Quote