View Single Post
Old 30th September 2012, 10:36   #9  |  Link
martin53

John,

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
... your biggest problem will be the blur caused by camera movement ... There is absolutely nothing you can do about this.
Over the last three months, I put together a runtime filter FSubstitute() that measures how blurred each frame is, and can substitute it by a previous/future frame with 2 MVTools filters (MInterpolate & MCompensate), or a quadrilateral-transformed copy (called Freeze in my words).

It was intended against exacly the issue you describe, although I did not need an aircraft to produce it taking a shot while walking was sufficient.

My intention is to publish that script in the wiki, but I am shy if its actual state is good enough for the public. Are you interested in testing it? Be warned. It is slow (approx. 1 fps with 640x480 on my core i5) and needs some ingredients like GRunt, GScript, MaskTools, RT_Stats, quad (thanks to the authors).

I could say a lot more about how to deal with buildings (Freeze is better - less jello risk) vs. people or animals (MCompensate is better, can substitute moving persons/arms/legs). Freeze by more than two frames is risky because it can invert the original monotonic frame order, and make the clip look stuttering.

EDIT: updated filter script
Attached Files
File Type: zip Comparison-187.zip (100.2 KB, 59 views)
File Type: txt FSubstitute_121002.txt (24.2 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by martin53; 2nd October 2012 at 18:31. Reason: Filter script updated
martin53 is offline   Reply With Quote