View Single Post
Old 11th June 2003, 00:42   #11  |  Link
Polarbear

Hello Again Everyone,

Didn't want to beat an old thread to death, but my very weird problem seemed to be resolved now, and no hardware changes were being made.

From my extensive reinstalling / tweaking the encoding softwares, I believe the problem for me was in one of the AviSynth versions included with the Gknot 0.28 package. In the old computer setup prior to the harddrive crash, I had Gknot 0.28, but included in it was an older version of AviSynth, I believe. And once I installed the new harddrive with all software reinstall, I downloaded one of the newer Gknot 0.28 packages which included also a newer AviSynth. And ever since then, reboots had been happening during encodings.

I resinstalled verions 2.0.8 of Avisynth with older filters to accomodate it, and the problem went away. And I installed the latest version of Gknot (0.28.4 beta) and the problem also went away.

Anyway, just found that absolutely weird. I tried to look into Avisynth patch history to try to find out what exactly in its version changes might have caused the problem, but couldn't find anything concrete.

Thanx again to all of you guys for the help,

Cheers,
-Polarbear
Polarbear is offline   Reply With Quote