View Single Post
Old 18th February 2007, 16:32   #299  |  Link
arnezami

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD00 View Post
Following illustrates what is written into cds.bin:

[image]

The Control Data Zone is 192 ECC blocks big. Each ECC block contains 32 Sectors. In this picture 1 Data Segment is 1 ECC block. The 16 Data Segments per Control Data Section and Copyright Data Section should be all the same, says the AACS-Spec. However, there are two of these sections, it is not mentioned if these sections are the same too. With the MMC-Commands you cannot specify which of these sections to read, you also cannot specify which of the 16 Data Segments you want to read. You can only specify at which sector to start reading from.
One read can return at most 31 sectors. Therefor i'm issuing two reads to get the 32 sectors, your filesize looks like the second read fails. In very rare cases the read commands fail on my machine too, but then i get a CHECK CONDITION error message and the program ends, it does not hang. I think the program does not hang, it is just waiting the maximum of 30 minutes until the read command completes. And there is actually data returned, the Disc Structure Data Length field states the correct size, but everything behind that is zero. I'm stripping this header when writing to file, thats why everything is zero.

Thanks a lot! That clears up things for me. I guess there is really no information on the second half of the Volume ID there. Ok.

I guess here lies the problem :

Btw: after a clean install of XP it works so there was clearly a problem on my side.

Regards,

arnezami

Last edited by arnezami; 18th February 2007 at 16:37.
arnezami is offline   Reply With Quote