View Single Post
Old 24th November 2014, 18:19   #7  |  Link
generalmx

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
but this is an refreshrate missmatch.
a true 23p file has 41.71 ms and a true 24p file (rare) runs at 41.67 and this file runs at 42 ms. these are extreme huge differences.

as long as you can't run your display with about 42 ms you can't play this file without a judder.

and i know about small refreshrate issue. a repeated frame every 5 min is not totally unnormal but you get one every 1.5 sec because it is a simple miss match.
Ah, so perhaps that's what's been happening. I watch a lot of broadcasts-derived Anime and thus it doesn't have to conform to DVD/Blu-ray spec.

Quote:
you can try your luck with a refreshrate tweak tool (at your own risk) or reclock.
Yeah if you look at my original post I'm already using ReClock =\ I have it set to "auto", and to assume 24 FPS if it can't detect source.

Quote:
SM without 50 or more hz is worthless in my eyes.
I have it set to "or an exact multiple if refresh rate", which seems to work best. I just tried it forced on at 24Hz and it looks horrible (though it did technically fix the small judder).

Quote:
but SM cost nearly nothing even at 4k doesn't really matter just 4 times of the normal 1080p still a joke even to laczos resizing. if not used with ED of cause.
I'm even using Mitchell with the FineSharp filter now, since I read recently here that Jinc upscaling can introduce artifacts, and the combo has no noticeable quality loss while also giving reduced resource usage. But I do use ED and both Luma & Chroma upscaling (all of which make significant difference), and all of that is sometimes too taxing with SM also forced on.

Quote:
you shouldn't get any judder with 60 hz and SM on any normal monitor there was something not running properly. i'm not saying SM is perfect but judder is not the problem if your display displays a frame steady any 16.67 ms
Should I trust the refresh rates and vsync intervals listed for my monitors by ReClock and madVR, or should I use a different testing tool? I'm already versed in CRU, which I use to get resolutions like 1080@120Hz on my Seiki 4K.

Quote:
you have or had a 48 hz dispaly was that native support? just overriding and forcing it do 48 hz can result in a lot of judder.
48Hz is listed under supported in the documentation of the monitors, just not by EDID. When switched to 48Hz the monitor properly displays that it's running at 48Hz. I also test & tune all custom resolutions with lagom.nl (especially the pixel walk test).

Thanks for all the responses by the way
generalmx is offline   Reply With Quote