View Single Post
Old 29th July 2005, 12:22   #36  |  Link
johnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51
One reason to use WAVE_EX.

First a precision: dwChannelMask don't inform about "the channel order" but the channel identity. The order is always (mulchaud doc):
My english isnt as good as i would like it to be. But you're absolutely correct.

Quote:
Then dwChannelMask inform what channels are present.

Now a posible use:
When you demux a multichannel wav in monowaves (Stream manipulation-Mono streams, for edit purpose, for instance) your names are suffixed with ch0, ...
If you have read a WAVE_EX you can safely suffix with FL, FR, ... And if you write WAVE_EX you can identify in dwChannelMask each monowav.
After, when you need remux (Stream manipulation-Merge files) you don't need keep in mind the channel order, the dwChannelMask of each monowave inform to your soft.

But for me is enough ww can read WAVE_EX >4 GB (with "Ignore invalid wav size", I suppose) to demux big 6wav files generated with faad.

"and i am happy to report ww can now read WAVE_EX files."
I am happy also and wait for your new beta.

Thanks.
Good idea . I already wanted to give correct naming before, not something like ch0, ch1 etc and waveEx makes that possible .

The next version may still take a couple of days. I have noticed a couple of problems which im trying to solve. The most important one i found out is that the settings for nero fends in ww are ignored by cb.

Last edited by johnman; 29th July 2005 at 12:32.
johnman is offline   Reply With Quote