View Single Post
Old 21st September 2011, 13:39   #9832  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
As a general rule of course, if windowed mode works fine for you, then don't worry, be happy.
Some users need exclusive mode for fluid playback without tearing, if you don't - great!
Absolutely, though I hope that once Madshi returns to developing this, we will start to see some advanced scaling algorithms implemented that take advantage of the new FSE mode to operate smoothly.

I was doing some testing upscaling some 1080p content to 4K recently, and none of the available algorithms really did a very good job of it.

For some reason, the scaling issues were far more obvious than with DVD. Perhaps because the source material (good Blu-ray encodes) is that much more detailed to begin with.

Everything, even Lanczos 8 and SoftCubic 100 was very aliased. (but the aliasing had soft edges)

It makes me wonder just how much better even DVDs can get compared to how they are now. (and how they are now, is the best I have ever seen)

I would love to see more advanced multi-frame super-resolution processing eventually, but I suspect that's far beyond the scope of madVR.
6233638 is offline   Reply With Quote